A hardwood floor adds you can add a beautiful ambiance in homes, offices, and even in hotels. But the question is – how to clean hardwood floors and maintain their beauty and luster? So, if you want to make your hardwood floor last for decades, then you must have to keep your hardwood floor regularly with the proper care. Try to clean dust and debris from your foundation as often as you can, depending on your daily traffic and trash that is the main cause of scratches and dullness of your floor. In the following article, we learn how to clean hardwood floors? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Though, most people think that the hardwood floor is less durable than the other floors. But believe me, it can be as durable as the other floors are if you clean it regularly and follow some preventive measures. Therefore, we have come to you with an easy-to-follow guide that would ultimately help you restore the shine and luster of your beautiful hardwood floor.
Methods to clean hardwood floors
First of all, you need to make sure how much traffic your floor gets and then design your cleaning routine accordingly.
Daily Cleaning with Broom and Mop
For daily cleaning, broom and mop will do a great job. It is a good and quick way to clean dust and debris from the floor. You can use a broom and mop as often as you think it’s needed depending on the traffic and grim that your hardwood floor gets. But make sure the broom and mop you are using are specifically made for hardwood floors because brooms with hard bristles can cause scratches on the surface of your foot. Also, keep in mind that water is the enemy of wooden floors. That’s why try to use damp mops instead of wet ones.
You can also go for a vacuum cleaner but make sure you have changed the setting to a hard floor; otherwise, it can cause scratches on your bed.
Deep Cleaning of Hardwood floors
Deep cleaning is very important for maintaining the luster and beauty of your floor. Because over time, dust, oil, and grime build up on your foundation, which is impossible to clean with a regular broom and mop. So, you need to try the following method to deep cleaning your floor;
- Start with simply cleaning your floor surface with a broom to clean out all the dust and trash.
- Take a specific wood floor cleaning product and dilute it according to the instructions on the label.
- Take a sponge or a mop and dip it nicely into the saturated solution and then wring it well, so it just feels like a damp mop. Start cleaning with little portions and gradually cover the whole surface.
- Turn on your ceiling fan for speed-up drying of your floor.
Things that you need to avoid
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- So, do not use any cleaning product directly on your floor.
- Do not rely on home remedies, and instead of this, consult with any good wooden floor manufacturer.
Use a floor-cleaning product recommended by the floor finisher and manufacturer for best results.
Also read: how many billionaires are there in the world.